What a Project! The Atlanta Braves Spring Training Facility
What a day! The culmination of years of conversation, creativity, problem-solving, passion and team work. What a moment! Taking in the fact that over 7,000 people were enjoying the outcome of 16-months of construction, and 9-months of design. What a feeling! The juxtaposition of excitement and exhaustion. The rare mixture of accomplishment and nerves. The overwhelming sense of gratitude. The opening game in the new Atlanta Braves Spring Training Facility was a milestone for the Fawley Bryant team, the conclusion of the largest project FBA has ever completed. With the players lined up, the National Anthem filled the stadium, and the first pitch was thrown. We couldn’t help but take a deep breath – we did it!
Here is a recap of some of the great social media posts, press and quotes we collected from the day. We couldn’t be more humbled to have worked with such great people – client, consultants, engineers, designers, CMs, and community leaders. Thank you.
- First game: March 24, 2019
- Capacity: 8,200, including 6,200 fixed seats plus room for 2,000 on berms and standing areas
- Architects: Fawley Bryant is the Architect of Record and Pendulum is the Design Architect
- Construction: A Join Venture between Tandem Construction and Barton Malow
- Cost: $125,000,000 for the complex
- Ticket Information: Braves.com/tickets
- 325 subcontractors were on site daily working in all areas of the complex
- 1,200 tons of steel were erected for the Stadium
- 12,360 cubic yards of concreate were poured for the Stadium
- Over 7-miles of conduit installed through the site